The roofing industry is changing. Property owners demand quick, excellent service. Insurance carriers want ever-higher-quality roof information. It’s tougher than ever to find laborers, inflation is high, and a changing climate means unpredictable weather and stronger storms are on the horizon.
To tackle demands and amplify service, roofing companies are adopting cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) to give them better insight and to automate portions of their sales process. You’ve likely read about OpenAI’s ChatGPT in the news, but did you know IMGING inspection software has been using AI for roof damage detection since early 2018? This means that our deep learning
ChatGPT might change this, but so far the most common AI that roofers have used is automated damage detection baked into IMGING’s drone inspection software and mobile inspection app.
Automated damage detection uses AI and deep learning tools to analyze roof inspection imagery in order to highlight hail hits, missing shingles, and other kinds of damage. It doesn’t replace your judgement and experience, but it helps you save time and makes it easier to settle disagreements over damage.
For a roofing estimator, a sales process that includes damage detection will typically look like this:
- Estimator gathers imagery using a smart device or automated drone powered by drone inspection software.
- All images are transferred into an app, where AI tools find and highlight damage automatically.
- Estimator reviews highlighted damage inside the app, double checks damage points, and adds relevant imagery to reports with a few clicks.
- The estimator prepares an estimate using roof measurements from his drone flight and builds a thorough and compelling inspection report.
- Estimator delivers a complete package of information, costs, and imagery to the property owner or carrier.
The results are real. Not only are roofing companies saving time using automated damage detection, many insurance carriers are using damage detection internally to settle roof damage claims.
If you’d like to learn more about how damage detection can impact your win rates and amplify the experience for your customers, please reach out.