Why AI and Damage Detection Matters to Roofershttps://www.lovelandinnovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2.4.18_thumbnail-AI-Damage-Detection-for-Storm-Season-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Casey Morgan Casey Morgan https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/0947af3bc076167e102c06282fab44b6?s=96&d=mm&r=g
The roofing industry is changing. Property owners demand quick, excellent service. Insurance carriers want ever-higher-quality roof information. It’s tougher than ever to find laborers, plus, a changing climate means stronger storms are on the horizon.
To tackle demands and amplify service, roofing companies are adopting cutting-edge technologies like AI to give them better insight and to automate portions of their sales process. One of the most common uses of AI among roofers is the automated damage detection baked into certain kinds of drone inspection software.
Automated damage detection uses AI and deep learning tools to analyze roof inspection imagery in order to highlight hail hits, missing shingles, and other kinds of damage.
For a roofing estimator, a sales process that includes damage detection will typically look like this:
- Estimator gathers aerial imagery using an automated drone powered by drone inspection software.
- All images are transferred into an app, where AI tools find and highlight damage automatically.
- Estimator reviews highlighted damage inside the app, double checks damage points, and adds relevant imagery to reports with a few clicks.
- Using a 3D model and dynamic measurements, the estimator prepares an estimate including damage imagery and cost information.
- Estimator delivers a thorough package of information, costs, and imagery to the property owner or carrier.
The results are real. Not only are roofing companies saving time using automated damage detection, many insurance carriers are using damage detection internally to settle roof damage claims.
If you’d like to learn more about how damage detection can impact your win rates and amplify the experience for your customers, please reach out.
Casey Morgan is the Creative Director at Loveland Innovations. He finds compelling ways to tell stories through words, video, and other digital media. He’s a U of U graduate and taco fanatic whose love for tech marketing is rivaled only by his love for the great outdoors.All stories by: Casey Morgan